Corporate Deal Sheet
Corporate Deal Sheet
Deals our team has handled exceed 50 billion US$ in value and include:
• Drafting creative telecom services providence agreements, sale purchase/shareholders/joint venture and miscellaneous agreements, conducting major due diligence reports as well as contributing to the drafting and debating of several legislations issued in Egypt and the region.
• Advised major Chinese telecom group on their business set up structure in Egypt.
• Represented the vendors in the sale of a major Egyptian bank.
• Advising the vendors in the sale of a controlling stake in a telecom company through creating a multiplier shareholding structure.
• Represented major international retail group in its exit arrangements from Egypt. The transaction involved complex shareholders arrangements and rights issue process before the Capital Markets Authority as well as extensive negotiations with a panel of counsels advising local shareholders.
• Represented major international beverage group in the acquisition of one of the largest, public listed, beverage groups in the Middle East.
• Advised a major telecom company on its listing on the Egyptian Stock Exchange, the first and largest listing under the listing regime which had been newly enacted at that time.
• Represented a major investor in the field of art and film business in disposing its assets to a major regional player.
• Advised major multinational banks on standardisation of their banking documentation to meet local law requirements as applicable in civil law regimes and generally opining on facility documentation.
• Advised on major hotel operation agreements.
• Acted as part of counsel team advising the issuer on an IPO listed on the KSE for a major retail food chain.
• Designed a major corporate restructuring project of a GCC conglomerate.
• Advised several franchisees / franchisors on major Franchise agreements, as well as on agency law, distributorship, and custom duties.
• Advised a major construction group on their business set up structure in the GCC.
• Advised a major power company on multimillion US$ settlement arrangements.
• Designed and implemented miscellaneous governance structures and acted as counsel to major family businesses restructuring.
• Provided numerous advice on insolvency laws.
• Advised clients on requirements respecting convertible bonds and buy back of shares.
• Advised clients on complex structures required to comply with local ownership requirements.
• Advised a major private equity house on the acquisition of stake in a major regional public listed bank.
• Advised major public companies and banks on applicable corporate governance regimes.
• Advised major railway company on full spectrum of project phases including coverage of all laws and regulations as well as contracts structuring required for the project.
• Advised on structuring and restructuring of businesses across the region.
• Acted as counsel and secretary to major shareholders and board meetings.
• Led and closed numerous landmark IPOs.
• Led and closed numerous successful M&A deals, including some of the landmark deals of the region.
Deals handled were in a wide range of sectors including automotive, leisure, retail, industrial, telecom, hotels, fitness, brokerage, banking, exchange, agribusiness, construction and jewellery.